Carbon Nanofibers can be used to improve thermal conductivity.
- Increasing fiber volume fraction results in an increase in thermal conductivity. However, this increase is not significant enough to make... read more
- Composites made from IM7 and carbon nanofibers (fiber type PR-24-HHT at 16 wt% loading) showed a 70% increase in thermal conductivity.
- Carbon nanofibers added to adhesives show promise for meeting electrostatic dissipation (ESD) and thermal management requirements of future space missions.
- Thermal properties of Epon 862 were increased with the addition of carbon nanofibers – but only if the carbon nanofibers were heat treated.
- The ablation, mechanical and thermal properties of vapor grown carbon fiber/phenolic resin composites were evaluated... read more